Monday, April 4, 2011

A tough week ahead

Well, the countdown has begun for the week of the ultrasound.  This week is going to be hard.  I already started feeling anxious yesterday.  So far today I have been doing pretty well though.  I've had a good amount of distraction at work, so that has helped.  It's a gorgeous day and I plan on taking advantage of it sometime this afternoon with Macho.  I hate wanting to rush through each day to get to Thursday, but that's how I feel at this point.  It's a weird feeling.  I still feel pretty strongly that Bean is healthy, yet I still feel anxious about the ultrasound.  And at some times I feel much more anxious than other times.  I'm just trying to focus on having more less anxious times :)

A note on the gold test.  Paul didn't believe it really worked.  He felt it was like a ouiji board, where you can subconsciously move the thing around the board without realizing it.  So he wanted me to do the test with an immobile object holding the string.  So I hung the string from the kitchen table yesterday and it ended up not moving when I put my belly up to it.  So maybe the trick doesn't work after all.  It doesn't really matter because we will find out on Thursday, and I was just doing those little gender tests for fun anyway.  Until then, we will all continue to speculate :)

No comments: