Friday, April 8, 2011

Bean is a healthy girl!!!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to update the blog yesterday after our appointment.  The ultrasound went REALLY well!  So we went out to celebrate and didn't get home until 9:00, and my phone wouldn't allow me to update the blog on it for some reason. We found out that we are having a girl and all of her measurements and body parts are looking great!  Our doctor was super excited about how she looked, which is such a great sign.  Our doctor has no concerns about the pregnancy going forward, so she said that we are now considered a regular pregnancy.  She said we can come in more often if we feel the need to, but at this point, we feel comfortable going forward like normal.  We are so happy about that!!

When the ultrasound first started, the sonographer began in Bean's brain.  I asked if things looked normal and she said she wouldn't be able to comment on that, so we thought she wasn't going to say anything the entire time!  We were not looking forward to having to wait until we met with our doctor after the ultrasound to hear the results.  Thankfully, there was a resident in the room observing the ultrasound, so the sonographer was doing a lot of explaining, and so she did end up commenting on each body part.  Thank goodness!  We were so relieved each time she explained that if there were problems, you would see certain things, but those things weren't there. Each body part looked really good.

Bean was moving around like crazy, so the sonographer was having trouble getting good pictures of her sometimes.  She was kicking and moving her arms around so much and really fast!  The sonographer kept commenting on how fast she was.  I think she's going to be keeping me awake a lot once she's big enough for me to feel her regularly!  Right now, I sometimes think I feel her, but I don't really know at this point.  We think we are going to have our hands full when she comes out.  Payback :)

Because Bean was moving around so much, it was hard to get a good picture of her face, but we were able to see it and she looks like she has some full lips (like Paul) and a little button nose (I'm hoping she has my nose!).  She looked really cute.  The pictures we got aren't nearly as clear as the images were in real time, so it's hard to see her clearly, but I'm posting them anyway.

At the end of the ultrasound, the sonographer was trying really hard to get a clear picture of her heart to make sure there were no issues.  Finally she was able to get some good pictures and everything looked okay.  We were so glad to see no problems anywhere.  When she was done, the sonographer put up all the measurements on the screen and Bean is measuring right around 18 weeks, which is perfect.  She weighs 8 oz and is about 6 inches long.  I'm so excited for her to get bigger so I can feel her!  I might regret that though once she starts keeping me awake and hurting me ;)  But I don't care.  As long as I can feel her, I will be happy.

We have named her Brooke Elise.  So we can now start referring to her as Brooke!  So excited!

Meet Brooke:
profile pic:

her cute foot!

proof of her girlie parts ;)  the lines are her labia (TMI? :))

she is pushed back up against me and kicks out a lot

that's one of her legs up in the air and her arm up in front of her face!

she kept putting her legs up, like the v-shape in pilates :)


not a very clear picture of her face:


another face shot with her right arm in the air and i think her left hand is on her chest:

3 comments:

the LEEs said...

So happy for you Kristie & Paul! She seems very active in those pictures, get ready some sleepless nights! Can't wait to meet little Brooke!

Unknown said...

What great news!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see little Brooke in person! What a great name by the way. Love you!

Ashley Hoff said...

Congratulations! That is such great news! I have to admit that I was compulsively checking last night for an update...I was getting worried! I have been faithfully following since I saw that you were expecting again, and ironically I'm due not far after you (Sep 17). We don't get to find out until May 2nd, so there will be lots of anxiety until then. It's so hard not to worry when you've been through losses like you and I have, but you've given me hope that everything will be okay. Wishing you the best throughout the rest of this pregnancy :)