Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bean might be a girl!

When Paul and I were in Charleston for the wedding a few weekends ago, we met a guy at our hotel bar who said that he had done the gold test for 40 people and had gotten all but 1 right (he even proved a doctor wrong when he thought it was a girl and the doctor said boy based on the ultrasound, but it ended up being a girl).  I figured it was another old wives' tale, so I never believed in it, but he said that he had seen a medical special on it and the reason it works is because our bodies can absorb gold (which is why we can drink the gold flecks in Goldschlager), and so our heart reacts to the gold.  For some reason, males and females have a different reaction, so that's how you can tell the gender.

So what you're supposed to do is hang a piece of gold from a thread or string in front of the baby in the womb.  If the gold moves in a circle it's a girl, and if the gold moves side to side it's a boy.  I tried it first with my diamond earrings that have a gold setting.  I first held the earring in front of my heart to see how it would move and it eventually moved in a circle.  Then I moved it down between my heart and belly and it stopped moving.  I then held it in front of Bean and it also moved in a circle!  I went over to a friend's house and repeated it with her gold ring, which had a lot more gold in it than my earring setting, and it moved in an even bigger circle!  My friend held it in front of her heart and it moved in a circle too, and then she held it in front of her husband's heart and it moved side to side!

Sooooo...... I guess we are having a girl after all!  I was wondering if the gender predictor test I had taken was really correct because the color didn't seem completely green.  It seemed like a mix between green and orange (green was supposed to indicate boy and orange was supposed to indicate girl), so maybe it was wrong.  I guess we'll find out next Thursday at my ultrasound.  Bean better be cooperative and let the doctors see her girlie parts :)  I want to know for sure!!

This is getting me even more excited for the ultrasound.  I can't wait!!

No comments: