Monday, March 28, 2011

Bump Watch - 3/28/2011

Today I am 16.5 weeks along.  I am measuring 1" bigger than I was at this point with Brady, so that's a really good sign, and I don't think it's because I'm already stretched out.  I truly believe it's because Bean is growing like he should be.  At my 18.5 week ultrasound with Brady, he was already behind in size, measuring only 16-17 weeks along.  I am very hopeful that Bean is healthy and is doing well, but I am still having trouble being truly optimistic and not anxious.

This weekend was really great because my parents are in town, so I was occupied a lot.  I didn't get upset at all or really think about the ultrasound too much.  Now that I'm back at work, I've already cried and gotten upset and I'm thinking about it more.  Work just doesn't seem to preoccupy me like spending time with friends and family does.  So I'm trying to take the approach I did when I found out about Brady.  I am going to try to find something to look forward to each day and just focus on that one day.  This weather makes that a bit harder to do, but I'll have to find something :)

All I really want to do is curl up with a book and read and take naps.  I'm not feeling motivated about my work like I was over a week ago before I got anxious.  It makes it really hard to get things accomplished, which totally sucks.  But I'm going to try my best to just bear down and do my work.  I really just want to go somewhere tropical for the next week and a half :)  My ultrasound is next Thursday - April 7.  It's not that far away, yet it seems like an eternity.  Funny how time is such a fixed measure yet can feel variable depending on the situation.  Funny or cruel - depending on the situation :)  Feeling a bit cruel at the moment.

I wish I could just convince myself that everything is okay and there's nothing to worry about!  This subconscious worrying totally sucks.  Ok, time to pull myself out of the pity party and take control of my feelings.  Wish me luck!

Here's my most recent belly picture.  I feel like I look bigger than I did at Brady's birth but I'm carrying lower at this point.  I'm interested to see if Bean moves up once he gets bigger.

No comments: