Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bean update

Yesterday I had my OB appointment.  I am currently 13.5 weeks along, so I am officially in the second trimester and I'm feeling great!  My nausea and food aversions are completely gone, so I can now eat whatever I want, which is so nice.  I'm actually craving salads right now - what a great craving, right?!?!  I'm still feeling pretty tired, but not completely exhausted, so at least it's an improvement.  It's such a weird feeling for me to feel so lazy all the time, but I guess that's good since I need to relax and take it easy for Bean's sake.

My appointment today was pretty uneventful, which I expected.  My blood pressure was the same as last time and I gained 2 lbs since last time.  Based on my scale, I gained about 5 lbs in the first trimester, which is good.  I'm starting to wear maternity pants now.  The only regular pants that really fit anymore are the fat jeans I bought after I had Brady :)  Bean seems to be really low in my uterus, so I think I'll be carrying him low like Brady, which is probably why I'm having to wear maternity pants already.

And yes, you may have noticed that I'm back to referring to Bean as a "him".  My friend told me about a gender predictor test that uses the hormones in your urine to predict the sex.  I decided to take the test just for fun and it said that Bean is boy, so I'm going back to my original feeling on that.  But we won't find out for sure until my 18 week ultrasound, which is in a little over 4 weeks (April 7)!  I can't wait to find out the sex and give Bean a name.  I'm not really worried about Bean's health at this point because I really feel like he is okay, but I'm sure as I get closer to the ultrasound, I will begin to get a little more anxious about it.  We'll see.  I'm hoping these next 4 weeks go by quickly.

This morning I exercised right when I got up for the first time in a while, and it felt great!  I had plenty of energy and I feel really good right now.  I'm so excited about that because I'm always so tired after work, so I really wanted to get back to morning exercise.  It's just such a nice start to the day and I think it will give me more energy overall.

I got some more ultrasound pictures at yesterday's appointment, so here is Bean!

No comments: