Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We have a heartbeat!

Yesterday I ordered a fetal doppler on the web to rent, so that I could check on Brady each day. FedEx just dropped it off and I checked for Brady's heartbeat and found it!! YAY!!! And I timed his beats and his heartbeat is 140 beats/minute, which is consistent with what his heartbeat has been at previous doctor appointments. This makes me SO happy! Now when I talk to him every day, I will know that he's alive and listening to me. That is such a huge gift for me. Every day that he is alive gives me more hope for his future and helps keep me connected to him. I am so thankful that this doppler worked and I was able to get it so easily. Hopefully I will be more at peace now.

The next step in this process is to plan for Brady's death, which is going to be extremely hard. We need to look at our options and determine what we want to do (burial or cremation? if burial, where in the area?), so that we are prepared if it happens. This will cause me the most trouble in keeping up my hope, so please pray for us that we have the strength to get through it, so that we can move on to planning for his treatments, which will be much easier and give us hope that he will live.

Every day is a struggle, but we are trying to stay positive and remain hopeful. Thank you to everyone for all your support and love through all of this. We love you!

1 comment:

The Elsassers said...

Kristie,

Fred and I and Kristen have been reading your blogs and are so impressed with your strength and faith. Our thoughts are with you every day.