Thursday, August 26, 2010

Positive thoughts

This week hasn't been as bad as I expected, thankfully. I have been really busy with work and that has helped keep my mind off of the impending doctor appointments. I continue to try to just focus on each day as it comes and enjoy the happy moments of the day. I have felt Brady less often this week, but I'm wondering if that's because of his positioning because when I check his heartbeat, he is always moving around even though I can't feel him. He is still sitting super low, so that might also contribute to not being able to feel him as often. But he was definitely kicking last night during story time, so he must really be enjoying that!! Paul is getting even better at his story reading and wants to focus on getting even better at making the story more dramatic and realistic :) He'll be a pro by the time Brady is born!!

Thanks to a few friends, I have a couple of bins of maternity clothes that I can wear, so I won't have to buy many at all! But I am going to buy some maternity jeans this weekend. I think jeans are the one piece of clothing that is really personal in terms of fit and style, and it's so nice to have a really great pair of jeans that make you feel good, so I will definitely splurge on those. Otherwise, I think I might be doing pretty well with clothes.

I also finally finished my baby registry! I am also reading baby books now that I'm past the midway point of the pregnancy. It's really nice to focus on how I'm going to take care of Brady when he is born instead of thinking about how well or poorly he is doing now and what might happen. It really helps me to be hopeful and just go through life and make plans as though he is going to be fine, because maybe he will be!! I don't even think I can wrap my head around the other alternative, so what's the point in thinking that way, right? So, I am looking forward to buying a few special outfits for Brady to wear on the day of his birth, attending my baby showers, and decorating his room. One of the things I really want to splurge on is decorating his room, so we've picked out a cute bedroom set and I'm going to try and decorate everything really cute to match it. And we'll have our painter paint the walls and maybe do something really cute with that. I can't wait! Of course, Brady will be sleeping in our room for the first several months, but he still needs a cute room, right?!?! :) I think focusing on decorating his room will really help my mood too, and it will be fun!

So that's the update for now. I will be 24 weeks along tomorrow. 2 more weeks until I start the third trimester! I just saw my best friend this weekend who is around 38 weeks along and she was totally popping, but her belly was just this little ball in front of her. It was so cute! She's having a little boy too, so Brady will have a friend close in age :) Paul can't wait for me to be popping like that too, and I'm looking forward to it too. The more I grow, the more Brady shows me he is growing, so I love it!

Thank you all for the loving thoughts, notes, and prayers. You are keeping us hopeful and positive during all this!! So keep them coming! :)

No comments: