Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's amazing what a heartbeat can do

Today has been another great day so far. Hearing Brady's heartbeat again this morning was so wonderful. It just makes me so happy and increases my hope for him. I really want to stay positive and hopeful for him because I feel like that will help him to fight this! It is just so amazing how much more hopeful and happy I am today knowing that Brady is alive and kicking :)

I'm really starting to think the muscle twitches I keep feeling in my lower abdomen are him. I felt one right after Paul kissed Brady goodbye this morning, and I'm feeling them more and more often recently. I love the feeling that I might actually be feeling him finally! I can't wait for him to get bigger, so that I can feel him with even more certainty and frequency.

He's still sitting really low in my abdomen. I hope that doesn't mean he's not growing, but since I gained an inch last week, I'm hoping that means he is growing just fine. Hopefully I will gain another inch in the next couple of weeks. I really want to see some progress there, but I guess I will see some progress next Wednesday when I go to my OB appointment and get weighed. I'm really hoping I've gained the 4 pounds that I was supposed to have gained in the past 4 weeks.

This week I'm also feeling a lot more energetic because my chest cold is FINALLY over! It was holding onto me for 3 weeks, and that really made me feel run down. So this week I started exercising again and it felt GREAT! I tried going back to swimming yesterday morning, but it just didn't feel as good as it did earlier this summer, so this morning I road my exercise bike and did a few light weight lifting exercises, and that felt SO GOOD!

I am so excited to have my energy back and be able to work out again. I really missed it, and I think that run down feeling was making it harder to deal with this situation. I'm going to keep up the exercise to help my body be in the best condition for Brady to grow and thrive. My focus is to keep Brady's environment in prime condition, so that he has the best chance possible.

Every time I think about him, I smile. So, please think of him often and smile and pray for him :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristie, your positive spirit is inspiring. Brady is a lucky baby to have you and Paul for parents. Dad and I are keeping Brady in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

We're praying for you guys Kristie! Aunt Susan sure had it right when she said that your positive spirit is inspiring. Love ya! Kate