Monday, May 2, 2011

OB Appointment - 5/2/2011

Today was my regular OB appointment.  My blood pressure was a little high (140/85), which is higher than it was the past 2 times, which averaged around 135/85.  Since it was above 135, they did a urine sample and some blood work.  I had taken my blood pressure this morning and it was a little higher than it usually is, but it was still fine at 120/75.  Even though it appears as though being at the doctor's office is causing my bp to spike, my Dr still wants to be careful, so she wants to do an ultrasound at 26 weeks to make sure Brooke is still growing normally.  And based on her size during the ultrasound and my blood pressure, they may continue doing ultrasounds every 3-4 weeks.

At this point, I'm not too worried about it.  I really do think that I've just been anxious lately about the backyard project and I felt more anxious when I got to the Dr office this morning, so I think that's all it is.  But I'm going to take my blood pressure daily from now on until I see it going down.  My Dr said that your blood pressure is supposed to decrease in the second trimester and then increase back to normal in the third trimester, so it definitely shouldn't be going up at this point.

I'm very excited that I get to have another ultrasound and see Brooke, which will be on the morning of May 31.  I will then meet with my Dr and get my weight and blood pressure as usual after the ultrasound.  I've gained about 6 pounds in the past couple of weeks after not gaining any for a couple of week.  Because of that and because I've been feeling Brooke kick a lot, I'm not worried about her size.  I think she's doing great.  But it will be really nice to have the ultrasound confirm that.

Unfortunately my Dr didn't do the bedside ultrasound today, so I didn't get any updated pictures of her.  But I will get plenty next time!  Please pray for me and Brooke that my blood pressure goes down and that Brooke grows properly.

1 comment:

Ashley Hoff said...

Sending positive vibes your way for lower blood pressure and healthy growth for Brooke! :)