Thursday, June 23, 2011

29 weeks along

Today I am 29 weeks along.  Wow, I can't wait to get to 30 weeks.  Then I will have only 10 weeks left!  I'm starting to get a little stressed about how much we have to do before Brooke comes.  In reality, we really don't have that much to do, but it feels like we have a lot, and because I don't have much energy it just seems so overwhelming.  I have been waking up 3-4 times per night now and I get tired really easily throughout the day.  It seems like I'm more tired than I was in the first trimester, which is really hard to deal with.  But when I have my bursts of energy, I try to take advantage of them.

Right now we are in the process of painting the old dressers and bookcase for Brooke's room so that it matches her crib.  I will be really happy once we are done with that.  My painter is supposed to come next week to paint her room, and once that is finished, I think I will feel a lot better.  I'm trying to just relax and not worry so much, but sometimes it's hard to do.

I got my Bradley method of natural childbirth book on Friday, so I've been reading that.  The techniques really seem to make sense and they actually are similar to the techniques I use during meditation, so that's good.  I have begun practicing them on my own, and then Paul and I will have to practice them together.  I really feel confident that I can do the natural childbirth as long as I prepare myself, so I'm really excited about it.

On Monday I had another OB appointment.  My blood pressure was high again (139/80), but it was super low at home that morning, so we're not really concerned.  But I get to have another ultrasound in 3.5 weeks, which I'm really excited about!  I can't wait to see Brooke again and see how she is progressing.  It will be so exciting!

I am slowly getting a little bigger.  I feel a little more uncomfortable this week than last week, but nothing drastic.  My weight gain has continued to be nice and steady, so that's good.  Here is my latest bump picture:

No comments: