Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Second ultrasound - 5/3/2010


On 5/3/2010, we had our second ultrasound and found out the The Kernel didn't make it :( It was really sad and hard to take, but we know that it was obviously for the best. And after thinking about it for a while, we decided that we are happy to only have one now because we will be able to focus on him/her and figure out the parenting thing before having a second one. And we understand the older/younger sibling dynamic but not the twin dynamic, so we'll be able to handle non-twin issues better. And now my body can completely focus on Nugget, whose heartbeat is really strong and looking good! As long as I have one healthy baby, I feel blessed and happy.

To the right is my second ultrasound picture showing Nugget. Still not much to look at, but much bigger than before!

The past week, my morning sickness was getting worse and crackers just didn't seem to be cutting it anymore, so I started taking Zofran and it's awesome! Although I still have food aversions and some smells bother me, but I'm no longer nauseous. I've also gotten the pregnancy acne, which is awesome :) I'm also getting pretty tired and hungry. I seem to have almost every pregnancy symptom the books list, but I like having the symptoms because it reminds me that Nugget is doing well.

As of 4/30, I weighed 134.4 and my waist was 33.5". Wow, quite a jump. Stupid fatty :) But the bump is hard, so I'm pretty sure it's my uterus growing and not my fat reserves (at least I tell myself that - lol).

No comments: