Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blastocyst transfer - 3/31/2010


On 3/31/2010, I had 2 Blastocysts (which are 5 day old fertilized embryos) transferred into my uterus. We were hoping that both took because we figured twins would be fun and we would get 2 for 1 :) The transfer was really easy but it was a little emotional too. It has been such a long process up to this point trying naturally for so long and then the meds didn't work the first IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) cycle, so the doctors had to double the dosage this cycle, which made me a little crazy :) So there was such a build-up to the transfer and now I just sit and wait to see if it works.

If anyone ever has to go through the fertility process and want some advice or just to talk, I would love to talk to you about it because if there's anything I can say to help you get through it, that will be a bonus for me. This has been a tough process and it's only the beginning of the journey...

To the right are pictures of the 2 blastocysts that were transferred. It's amazing what scientists can do. Don't worry, I won't be showing this picture to my kid and telling him/her that he/she was conceived in a petri dish :)

1 comment:

Nancy Newcomer said...

wow,so exciting,you know mandy and charles had faith the same way.. if you need to talk or ask questions,contact her.. she could help you out.. keep the posts coming.. and thanks for sharing