Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First ultrasound - 4/26/2010


On 4/26/2010, we had our first ultrasound and found out the both blastocysts implanted! They both had heartbeats, but one was weaker than the other. I was a little nervous about that one but the doctor said that at this point (6.5 weeks) sometimes there isn't a heartbeat yet. The one with the strong heartbeat is the girl, who we call Nugget, and the other one is the boy, who we call The Kernel (or Colonel, we never determined the spelling :)). We were very excited to be having twins because we figured then we would be done in one shot and not have to go through this again.

On 4/23, I started getting morning sickness, and at our ultrasound appointment, my doctor said I could use Zofran to get rid of it if it gets really bad. Let me tell you, it did end up getting worse and Zofran was my savior. For any girl reading this who is planning on getting pregnant in the future, make sure you get Zofran if you have morning sickness! It is a life saver!

To the right is our first ultrasound picture. You can see both sacs and a small little dot in each, which are the babies. Not much to look at yet, but so cool!

At the beginning of the pregnancy, I had about a 32" waist and was around 131 lbs. By 4/26, I had gained about 1/2" and no weight.

No comments: